Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Officially part of the safety committee

I had been offered the position of head safety guy at work. I decided I'd take the position for a year and see what I could accomplish. I had to travel down to Hialeah, Florida for my first safety meeting, today. I met my boss about 40 miles south of here and he drove the last hour and a half to the facility. The meeting was held at a community church that was rented to us for the meeting.

We arrived an hour early, so we meandered about till the start. I'm not used to sitting around for such a long time, so I got really drowsy. I had to keep fidgeting to refrain from falling asleep. Thank God the meeting was broken up into, at max, 45 minute segments. All of the big wigs were there and needless to say, I brought my trusty camera along. Here's a picture of my bosses. From left to right, my Division manager, Center/Business manager, me and the District manager. Here's my boss, with the award he won, and the actual award they put his center's name on, but keep at the home office. Breakfast, Lunch, snacks and drinks were provided. All in all it was a great day. I learned some stuff and got some much needed rest.

2 comments:

doodlebugmom said...

the DM is one tall dude. Nice award, will make a super paperweight!

Anonymous said...

only the ass kissers are on the safety committee